All I Have


I worship You with all I have, though small in scope and size;
My voice is cracked, my body's weak, I'm neither smart nor wise.
But all I have You gave to me so many years ago;
I wore the things You gave me out, my head down to my toes.
I haven't always loved You so, You know this much is true;
I loved the riches of this world and all but ignored You.
All things revolved around me then, how selfish were my ways;
If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't waste those days.
And then a friend invited me to go to church with him;
I didn't know just what to do, and then they sang a hymn.
I can't remember what they sang, I can't recall the tune,
But something touched me deep inside, I thought that I would swoon.
It was as if an angel came and whispered in my ear;
My heart filled up and tears fell down, the song was pure and clear.
The preacher stepped up to the front, his voice was loud and strong;
He said that God loved me so much He sent His Son along.
He sent His Son down to the earth to save me from my sin;
He sacrificed His life for me so God my soul could win.
The preacher said that Jesus was the perfect Lamb of God
And if I gave my life to Him I would no more be flawed.
I felt a Presence in my chest, Your Spirit touched my heart;
I fell upon my knees right then and begged You not depart.
You welcomed me with open arms, my sins You did forgive,
And who I was before that day withdrew and ceased to live.
Since then, my Lord, I've worshipped You with all You've given me;
My body's growing weak and old and You I soon will see.
But while I breathe I'll praise Your name, Beloved of my soul;
You've loved me all along, my Lord, Your love has made me whole.

" ... Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your strength
and with all your mind ... " 

Luke 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment