Rush Limbaugh may buy national TV time


Rush Limbaugh

Media giant considers reaching people who don't hear his radio show

 
PALM BEACH, Fla. – Rush Limbaugh, the most-listened-to personality on radio, is now considering purchasing time on national television to address America with his conservative political views.
      
“Folks, I’ve toyed with the idea of going to the networks and saying, ‘I want to buy 30 minutes.’ I actually have,” Limbaugh said on his syndicated radio program Tuesday.
“I’ve not pulled the trigger on it but I actually have, as a means of trying to reach people who don’t listen to radio or who do but don’t because of their preconceived, incorrectly formed, bigoted reasons. But I’ve just never pulled the trigger.”
Limbaugh said one obstacle might be an aversion by the networks, which he believes are generally left-leaning politically, to grant him airtime because of their disdain for him.
“I don’t know if I approached ‘em if they would sell the time,” he noted.
Limbaugh’s broadcast engineer, Bo Snerdley suggested the cost would be “cheap on NBC.”
“Yeah, but it’s me calling,” Limbaugh responded. “Now, if you offer to do it in the summertime, they might take it. I don’t know.”
Limbaugh stressed he has not made a decision about pursuing the idea.
“I’m just sharing with you a random thought that bounces around inside my cranial cavity,” he explained.
“Please don’t tell anybody about it because it’s just between you and me and I’m not at all working on it. I mean, I’m no further on it than what I’ve just told you. It’s just an idea I’ve toyed with for years, you know, sitting around late at night after the dogs have gone to sleep and everybody else is in bed. You’re sitting around with your adult beverage and the mind starts throwing out ideas. This is one of those kind of spur-of-the-moment ideas that pop up now and then.”
Limbaugh was prompted to discuss the idea when a caller from Highland Ranch, Colo., phoned his show to ask when his next address to the nation would be, noting his previous speech was given Feb. 28, 2009, at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference.
“I think it’s way, way overdue for you to do something again like that,” said the caller.
Both Fox News and C-SPAN broadcast Limbaugh’s speech four years ago, in which he said: “I want everyone in this room and every one of you around the country to succeed. I want anyone who believes in life, liberty, pursuit of happiness to succeed. And I want any force, any person, any element of an overarching Big Government that would stop your success, I want that organization, that element or that person to fail. I want you to succeed. Also, for those of you in the Drive-By Media watching, I have not needed a teleprompter for anything I’ve said.”

Looking back Tuesday in retrospect at his 2009 address, Limbaugh said, “I had no idea what I was gonna say specifically. I mean, I’m driving there with no idea. I never do. I never plan. I just don’t. I’m not capable of it. I can’t brainstorm. My mind really comes alive when I’m actually in the middle of doing something, but we’re driving in from the airport to the CPAC hotel and somebody said something in the car, and I said ‘That’s it! I’ll treat this as my first address to the nation,’ and then it all just started flowing from that. Up until that time, I was wondering what I was gonna say, too.”
“I was shocked that CPAC even decided to meet the next year, after my first [speech],” Limbaugh clowned with a giggle.

Read more ....>>







RUSH: I’ve thought about it. Folks, I’ve toyed with the idea of going to the networks and saying, “I want to buy 30 minutes.” I actually have. I’ve not pulled the trigger on it but I actually have, as a means of trying to reach people who don’t listen to radio or who do but don’t because of their preconceived, incorrectly formed, bigoted reasons. But I’ve just never pulled the trigger. I don’t know if I approached ‘em if they would sell the time. (interrupting) Snerdley is saying it should be cheap on NBC. Yeah, but it’s me calling.
Read Full Transcript @ RushLimbaugh.com





Rush Limbaugh was the final speaker at CPAC 2009. Rush noted that the speech was being televised live on Fox, so he referred to his speech as his "First Address to the Nation".

Since this would be the first time many viewers heard him speak, he decided to explain conservatism. He talked about how he wants every American to succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment